I have been fortunate in my career to work with amazing people and companies. I grew up in PR with leading global agencies such as Ketchum and Burson-Marsteller, have worked with and for Fortune 100 companies, and have tag-teamed with entrepreneurs and start-ups who are all about making a social impact. While running Be Cause PR I have had the opportunity to work with and run multimillion-dollar programs for such companies as Adobe, America’s Cup, Apture, Bad Boy, Cisco, Compaq, HP, IBM, LA Gear, No Fear, SGI, Sony, Sun Microsystems, and Tibco. Eight start-ups I launched were acquired by Fortune 100 companies.
Industry First Launches
The following are launches I participated in or drove that were game-changers that affected the way we work and live.
- The First True Portable Computer – The Poqet PC
- Development Software in a Box for $99 – Borland C and Turbo Pascal
- SGI’s First Annual Market Analyst Conference
- Tennis Goes Graphite – Kennex Kinetic Technology
- Reebok Is About Fitness, Not Just Athletic Apparel – National Aerobic Championships
- Bad Boy – Clothing Can Mean Good
- Sun Microsystem’s First Annual Market Analyst Conference
- Java is More Than Coffee – Java Programming Language
- TV Goes High Definition – HDMI
- The First Earthquake and Hurricane Proof House – Ubuntu Blox Houses